Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Dinner @ Shiro, Perth City

Before I talk about Shiro, I wanna say I LOVE my off daysssssssss!! Did some shopping today, walk around in the city, had my favourite Hainanese Chicken Rice and Char Kuey Teow at Newton Circle for lunch! Ahhh Life is GOOD! :D This is what I feel today hehehe

Anyway, Joe and I went to Shiro Izakaya for dinner today! They opened just a month ago! I like that place because it is sort of secluded but not! It is sort of like behind the little park in the city (opposite Burberry) A good spot for lunch and dinner for sure!



I took a photo of the whole Izakaya using my iPhone Fish Eye Lens that I bought weeks ago :D



There's a stretch of long table at the side and a few booth in the middle. Looks great huh!



I like it because you can look out to the park.



Waitress was really attentive. Polite and really quick.
I had the Aloe Vera drink and Joe had Yebisu.

Initially, I wanted to try their Cocktail because they have wicked names on it. They have got at least 10 different types of cocktails and the names are just so cool! They have the 'Ninja Turtles', 'Sake Bomb' and 'Saketini'! How cool is that? Unfortunately, they just got their alcohol license so they can't make it at the moment.. I was kinda disappointed though haha Oh wells~



Now our meal! We had Nimono Tooth Fish Braised in Shiro style Soy Sauce



Soft Tofu Salad - Alfalfa sprouts, red cabbage, soft tofu, chestnuts and mayo dressing



Spider Maki - Cucumber, soft shell crab, avocado, black tobiko

I must say, I like the Soft Tofu Salad the most although there's no salad :P I don't know why and I didn't bother to ask. I have never tasted such interesting tofu in my life! The tofu texture is like powdery and smooth at the same time, then with the mayo dressing.. you mouth will kinda feel like salivating! It's quite interesting!

The tooth fish, I quite like it too! Tooth fish never fails yea.. smoothest fish haha. The vegies beside it cooked really nicely and tasted fresh!

Lastly, the Spider maki, looks awesome and huge. Taste wise.. not quite there... didn't hit the spot haha.. but still good.

If I get the chance, I probably will try their lunch menu because they have the Donburi and Tempura on the menu :D

Shiro Izakaya Japanese Restaurant
150c St Georges Terrace
Central Park, Hay Street Perth
Perth WA 6000, Australia
Ph: 9486 1293

Lunch 11.30 - 2.30
Dinner 5.30 - Late

Shiro Japanese Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments: