Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Dinner @ Shi Ge, South Perth

Youtube of the day. Jason Mraz - Prettiest Friend

Today I went to Shi Ge Japanese Sushi Bar in South Perth with everyone for Donald's farewell.
He will be leaving Perth this Saturday for good. I rarely see him at home for the past few months due to his full hour of work from his 2 work place. So today is the best night to have dinner together somehow because he is off work early.



Anyway, he brought us to Shi Ge. Shi Ge is a very, extremely, super small shop that situated in a small alley way near IGA. It is very authentic and you actually need to book for a table before you go, or else you will end up sitting outside in the cold weather.



We really love this place. Nice little friendly restaurant with Japanese people around you.
They got a bar and you can see what's the chef doing clearly. Very interesting. This place is similar to Nao, it's like what Frances said, you can tell the restaurant is authentic or not by seeing a Japanese guy sitting at the bar for a looooooooooooonnnnggg time and chit chatting with the chef whenever the chef is free. The only different between Nao and Shi Ge is one is Specialty in Ramen and the other is sushi.



Look at the fresh cut sashimi...



We ordered quite alot today. I am actually still feeling very full while I'm writing this. I don't know why I always stuffed myself till so full and I know I shouldn't. Can't help it, too yummy.



This Fried Scallop with Butter is the best Scallop dish I have ever eaten in my life.
I have tried many many types of scallops dishes, steamed, fried, stir fry, grill, pan fried and half raw, but this is the best tasted scallop. I don't know how to explain the taste, but it has the FIRE flavor in it! It's not burnt or anything, still juicy but the FIRE taste.. is AWESOME!



This is the Fried Chicken with Garlic sauce.
Nothing really special for me after eating that scallops. :P
Not saying that is bad, but it's just not as good as the scallop hahaha.



A Large plate of Sashimi. So fresh~



A Large plate of sushi~



As for mains, we had the Large meal set. Comes with Salad and Rice.



Donald had the Tempura set



Frances had the Chilli Prawn and Squid set



I had the Teriyaki Beef Set



Aunt had the Teriyaki Salmon Set



Everything is sooo yum. Honestly..
of course the price is not cheap too.
But it's worth it. XD



Although I was soo full after eating those Jap food but somehow all of us ended up in Gelare...... =_=" Suddenly my stomach is not full anymore. #$&^%@ Then I started eating. again.


Shige Sushi Bar on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

ching∞ said...

every time i read your food blogs.. i only have one word in my mind..

"gemuk"

:p:p:p

dont blame me, coz every time i eat, papa will REMIND me! *&^%$

Jo Serwey said...

ahhaha everytime i eat. i will think of that too! but didn't work unfortunately.