Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Lunch @ Yip Kee, Maylands

It's my off day again~ Yoohooo!
I decided to go to a restaurant that I have never been before~

Yip Kee at Maylands.
I have heard some good reviews about them before but it was out of my way, so I didn't get to try it until now. I was a bit excited to see how good they were.

Joe and I had Fried Yam Duck to share

Joe had Sui Gao Noodle

and I had the Wonton Noodle.

Well, can't say it was fantastic. It was just normal and it doesn't taste anything close to the ones in my own country. I won't say it's not good until I try their specialties. Which is the Bak kut teh, Fish head rice noodles, penang fried min sin and chai tau keuh that is only available on Sat and Sun. These 4 dishes is hard to find anywhere in Perth. So, I GOT TO TRY. Maybe this Saturday? hehe will see.

Yip Kee Noodle Restaurant
205 Guildford Rd, Maylands
9371 8818
Open Tues - Sun


Then I went to city's Woolworth and came across this drink.

POM wonderful
Heard that Pomegranate is good for health, so I thought I can buy and try it.
I bought the Pom Mango, a small bottle like this cost about $2.45.
It was a lil bit too sweet I think. But since it is good for health, I had to finish it no matter what!
Anyway, have a look at thier website, looks really healthy hahaha


Yip Kee on Urbanspoon

5 comments:

daDevil said...

ugh...my cousins fav chinese restaurant!

Jo Serwey said...

hahaha shud be good then?

Anonymous said...

I tried Yip Kee - eeeee horrible food lah. Worst Malaysian restaurant I have been to in Perth! Please review weekend specials at Hoi Bo in Bedford - they have Malaysian hawker specials on weekends. I tried it recently and it was authentic. Some dishes were the best in Perth.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo,

I like the Fried Fish head rice noodles. Tried that a few times, seems popular item.

The Char Siew is a tat too sweet for me.

The Fried Mee Suah is good as well.

Jo Serwey said...

Hello,
Been to Hoi Bo and tried their famous Chicken Rice. It was quite good :) I like the fried garlic they put on top! flavorsome~


Hi,

I have tried the Fish Head Rice Noodle :) it was okay for me.. I still prefer the one that I had in KL.. hahaha unforgetable..

I haven't try the Fried Mee Suah! I shall try it one day! Have you tried Yip Kee II in northbridge? :)