Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sunday Roast & Lemon Cake

Today is another Masterchef day!
Joe woke up early and started cooking at 9am! This lamb was roasted for 3 hours in the oven.
The lamb was tender and juicy and Joe's lamb gravy is the best of all time. He was very pleased with this lamb roast. This lamb can feed 6 people.



After lunch, I started making dessert!
The Lemon cake! It took me about 1 hour to prepare everything for the cake and put into the oven to bake. While baking, I have done some icing decorations to put on top of the cake :)



It took me about 1 hour to do all these!
Look what I've made!



and lollipop, bread roll, Tamago sushi, pineapple ice cream stick, cake with candle.. didn't manage to fit everything in my cake! :(

It's my first time making icing decorations. For my first attempt, I give myself a BIG pat on my shoulder :) Good job Jo!



Look at my tiny lil food~~~~ awwwwww so cuteeeeeeee..
I don't feel like cutting my cake at all!



But I have to... because I have to taste it!
This is my first time baking a cake. I usually make cupcakes and tiramisu, so I was a bit in a OMG DONT SCREW THIS UP mode.

Honestly, after tasting it, I feel this cake lacks of the kick of the lemon taste and the cake wasn't fluffy enough.
The good side is I got cute cute deco on top! Make it really appetizing hahahahaa
But I have lost the game.

I have been eliminated.

1 comment:

Jo Serwey said...

Thanks Vincent!
I have added petitchef to my site bar. your site looks great! I'm gonna try some of the recipes :)
Have a nice day!