Sunday, July 24, 2011

Dinner @ Charm, Perth City

I went to Charm to have dinner with L and E when L came back to Perth to visit friends and family.
E recommended Charm to us because she thinks it is one of the best Korean food in Perth. I believe her because she is Korean and when I got there, I saw lots of Koreans dining there. haha Good proof isn't it? :P

Anyway, these are what we had in Charm.



Chim Dak
Braised skin/boneless chicken, dried red chilli, potato, onion, carrot in sweet soy sauce with sweet potato noodle.
You can tell them how spicy you want it to be. For us, it's medium spicy and it was good. I love spicy food! One thing special is that they provide you a tong and a pair of scissors for you to cut the meat and noodles whatever size you want it to be. It's like BBQ in Korean style.
Nicely cooked dish. Great taste!



Kan Pung Gi
Deep Fried skin/boneless chicken, onion, capsicum and carrot tossed with tangy chilli sauce.
This dish is a bit of a Chinese/Korean style. Similar to Kung Po sauce.
I remember the last time I went to Korea, my Korean friends brought me to the Chinese restaurant to have Chinese food. I was surprised that the Chinese food there actually taste like Korean food! Not used to the flavour but I quite like it :)



Cha Jang Noodle
Minced pork, cabbage, onion, zucchini with black bean
Best Cha Jang Noodle! Haha.. I actually haven't tried much Cha Jang Mien, but this is a pretty good bowl of noodle! Good for cold weather anyway :D

I wish to try other dishes in the future when I'm in the city. Heard their homemade noodles taste awesome! Wait for me Charm! :D

Charm Korean Restaurant
2/369 Hay Street
Perth

Ph 9218 8803

Opening Hours
Mon-Sat
7am-9pm

BYO

Charm on Urbanspoon

5 comments:

erin said...

Unrelated to your post, but were you at Dim Sim Cafe on Saturday morning? If it wasn't you it was a girl who looked just like you!

Jo Serwey said...

ahhhaa omg erin! no way! i wanna see my twin! I was exercising that morning!

erin said...

Good thing I didn't say hello ! She looked just like you (well, just like what I think you look like from photos!).

Jo Serwey said...

hahaha gosh yea! i think i can recognise u if i see u one day! I will definitely say hi to u haha :D

home builder perth said...

I have never tried these entrees before. They will be served in my next outing.