Monday, July 25, 2011

Dinner @ Modo Mio, Burswood

Modo Mio meaning 'my way' offers authentic Italian cuisine of unsurpassed quality, served with passion in a warm and inviting atmosphere.

Recruited from Milan, Chef de Cuisine Giampaolo Maffini has created a delicious menu that showcases his love for honest Italian cooking using fresh local produce and time-honoured, traditional family recipes.

Joe and I went to Modo Mio to celebrate his birthday. I've heard good reviews about this place and we were eager to try.

We stepped into the restaurant and it looked beautiful. A clean open kitchen, beautiful lights and wonderful interior. Instantly feel romantic in this place!



Staffs were really friendly and attentive.



We started off with drinks.



Joe had Peroni beer (Italian beer) and I had the Lemon Lime and Bitters, my usual drink.



We were served mini baguette with some olive oil, balsamic and salt.
Nice lil baguette! We had 2 of those hehe...



For starters, Joe had Beef Carpaccio, Cipriani sauce, rocket salad and parmesan.
Joe loves his Beef carpaccio. He said the dish was nice and taste really appetising and well balanced.



I had the Traditional mediterranean seafood soup, basil & garlic croutons.
It was sensational! Totally love this seafood soup! In fact, it was the best seafood soup I had in my life! Very very nice and tasty seafood soup. It's packed with flavour and omgosh the prawns and the pieces of fish.. It's excellent! I wish I can have this soup ready for me at home any day when I want it! I am thinking of getting take away of the soup from Modo Mio! Not sure if they do take away hahaha.. I guess I will just have to go back there again! :D



As for mains, Joe had the Angus beef tenderloin, sundried tomato crust, morel mushroom sauce, potato cake.
It was quite a good dish, but the beef was a bit overcooked and the potato cake was a bit too salty.



As for me, I had the Pan fried red snapper, sauteed prawn, lobster bisque and asparagus.
Nicely plated with beautiful ingredients. Unfortunately, I wasn't blown away by this dish. Was hoping it to be packed full of flavor but the prawns were way too salty and fish was a bit overcooked.



For dessert, Joe had Tiramisu. Traditional Italian mascarpone cake
Joe was quite happy with his dessert! I didn't try the Tiramisu because I have the yummilicious Chocolate fondant!



Chocolate fondant, vanilla ice cream
It was yum! Chocolate oozing out, a bit warm and that goes very well with the vanilla ice cream. Love the crunchy lil bits on top of the fondant. :)

Will go there again to try the pastas and pizzas! :D Can't wait.

Modo Mio
Ph 9362 7551
Mon-Sun
Lunch-Dinner

Modo Mio on Urbanspoon

No comments: