Thursday, October 20, 2011

Dinner @ Bivouac Canteen & Bar, Northbridge

Bivouac, what a fantastic place! Me and Joe fell in love with this place because of the excellent food, friendly service and reasonable price!
I heart Northbridge even more now because there's so many new cafes & bars opening up!


Bivouac opens months ago and has been very popular. Good location too!


Simple interior yet artistic. This is just a part of it. Go in and look at their huge hanging lights!

Their menu changes every 2-3 weeks. Small menu designed for sharing. They have specials daily and sometimes they have secret menus! Maybe?


Porcini Mushroom & Gruyere Croquettes
I love these! It's soft inside and crunchy on the outside! Flavour is just right and melts in your mouth! I had my eyes opened up instantly after I had a bite! Satisfying!!


Crispy Calamari, Cannellini and Chorizo Cassoulet
Joe was impressed with this dish! Lightly fried calamari and the Cassoulet was delicious. Love the tomato base sauce and the cannellini cooked just right! Delicious!


Fior Di Latte, Cherry Tomato, Basil, Rocket Pizza
and the Pizzaaaaaa.. I was in love with the cheese!!!! Fior Di Latte is now my favourite cheese!! Creamy but tasted light! Love the thin pizza base too!


I literally have enjoyed every mouth of it! Every bite there were a big smile on my face. Probably I just had a good mood just then hahaha

After mains, we decided to have a dessert to share. Why not right?


Joe had English Breakfast


and I had Latte.

As for dessert, we had..



Pistachio White Chocolate & Cointreau Parfait, Caramalised Nectarine, Honey Wafer
Decadent combos isn't it? Nicely made dessert, polished the whole lot! But the sourness of the nectarine kinda doesn't blend well with the parfait.

Overall, love Bivouac! Excellent and well thought food, reasonable price, friendly service and comfortable seating. We are definitely going back there soon! :)

198 William St,
Northbridge
Ph 9227 0883

Opens Tues-Sat
10am-10pm



Bivouac Canteen & Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments: