Saturday, January 14, 2012

Chinese New Year Cupcakes

Hi all!!! Not sure if you've noticed.. but it's only 9 days away from Chinese New Year (23rd Jan)!
Have you decorated your house yet? Prepared to see Lion dances and all? It's going to be a dong dong dong chiang time! :D

This year I'm gonna spend my Chinese New Year here in Perth!
Chinese New Year is quite a big thing for me! Every year my mom will ask me to decorate the house (which ends up being decorated by my sis anyway :P), we get to have a delicious vegetarian breakfast on the first day of Chinese New Year, bring bags of goodies to visit relatives, collect Ang Paos (Red Packet), eat all their snacks, watch Chinese New Year TV shows, then go home and count how much I got from the Ang Paos (favourite moment) hahahahaha kidding.

Do you do all these things too? Probably not the 'eat all their snacks' part.. hehehe
In our culture, we don't visit families empty handed. We will bring some CNY snacks, some mandarin oranges and more things when visiting someone. It's kind of a tradition. Sometimes can be quite a headache on what to get for others!

Well.. this is the time that I comes into rescue!!!
Let me introduce you a very ... *Warning* *Be ready*

CUTE and DELICIOUS Chinese New Year Cupcakes!!!



Gong Hei Fatt Choy!!!

Instead of getting all kinds of things when you think they might already have it, why not get these cute and delicious cupcakes when you visit them??

These are Orange flavoured Cupcakes! Guaranteed freshness! I used freshly squeezed oranges to make the cupcakes and icing! (Trust me.. it's yum)

and to top it off, all CNY's toppers that were handmade by me! Totally edible!



I have a Dragon (Dragon year!), cutesy mandarins, the word 福 (Good fortune), Choy San Ye 财神爷 (God of Money) with a Gold nugget, a pot of GOLD and chinese style fire crackers!!



A nice box to sit all the cute cupcakes too!
It's a nice gift to give for people you love and care for!
I am sure they will give you more kaching kaching $$ when they see this hehehe



If you are interested in buying a box ( or a few boxes) of these cupcakes, please email me!!!

--> jo.myweyoflife@gmail.com

A box with the ribbon includes:
6 orange flavoured cupcakes with 6 different toppers.
$38.80 per box

Pick Up:
Belmont, Perth
Delivery within Perth Metropolitan $5 extra.


When:
Saturday 21st Jan, Sunday 22nd Jan (We will discuss about the time)
If you need it earlier, please email me so we can work it out :)
The reason why pick up date is so near to Chinese New Year is to keep the cupcake fresh and moist! :D Yummo!

Last day of order : Wednesday 18th January 2012 5pm

Check out my facebook page for more updates!
Or you can follow me on Instagram @myweyoflife

9 comments:

Toronto Airport Taxi said...

these are cute and yummy cupcakes want to have them all

Toronto Airport Taxi

Bryt said...

beautiful job! must have taken a while to make them that perfect!

Jo Serwey said...

Thanks Bryt!
Yea.. it's quite time consuming!! but I had loads of fun doing it :)

Pearson Airport Taxi said...

these are lovely and mouthwatering cup cakes

Pearson Airport Taxi

Wireless Networks said...

lovely cakes, give me recipe and i will bake in the same way

Wireless Networks

Unknown said...

Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read anything like this before. So nice to find somebody with some original thoughts on this subject. realy thank you for starting this up. this website is something that is needed on the web, someone with a little originality. useful job for bringing something new to the internet!

Removal Companies London
Man And Van London

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Man and Van Vauxhall said...

Cooking is an ART, if u dont know the SCIENCE of it, u will never b a BEST COOK ever... :)

Man And Van Mortlake said...

i can'y read this type of article when these delicious cups infront of me. :)