Monday, February 27, 2012

Lunch @ Malaysian Stall, Subiaco Market

Actually, I have no idea what's the name of this stall. I've tried to look for it, but can't find it, so I call it the Malaysian stall.

2 weekends ago, Joe and I went to Subiaco Market to try this sort of new shop in Subi Market. One of our friends tried it and raved about the delicious Char Kuey Teow! As a CKT fan, for sure rushing there as soon as I can to try it!



This is their menu. It's quite limited but I guess as long as their food is good, there's no need of having 1000 types of food on the menu :)



There you go, my plate of Char Kuey Teow (Penang Fried Keuy Teow)
I must say.. it was pretty good! Kuey Teow was nice and smooth, enough "wok hei" (wok heat) and taste authentic! and what's good about it was they were generous with crispy pork lard! Yummo~!



If, they can add the Si Ham ( a type of clam ) that would be PERFECT!!! The flavour of the Si Ham definitely will enhance more on the CKT.

Joe went for the Nasi Lemak.
Looks like the Chinese style Nasi Lemak but no gravy.
Joe was a bit disappointed to see that tiny little piece of chicken wing.. Actually I felt sorry for him because of the tiny little chicken wing! I even offered him to have my CKT.



Fortunately the rice was lemak-y and the sambal was good but Ikan Bilis wasn't crunchy.
So, overall Nasi Lemak taste okay but not satisfying.

I would go back and try other dishes. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hie just wondering, is the CKT better than Tak Chee's?

Jo Serwey said...

Hi!

well, I must say they are a bit different because Tak Chee didn't have pork lard but this one does!
They are equally good! Really depending on how you like your CKT to be~! :D

I would go for Tak Chee or the one in Floreat <---got Si ham! :)

Anonymous said...

Cool thanks!! I love CKT and always looking out for the best one in Perth. Not many places makes good CKT.

Anyway, Happy 30th Birthday!! Hope you will be spoiled with lots and lots of gifts and food! :P

Jo Serwey said...

Thanks for the wishes!! I'm gonna eat lots on my birthday holiday! Hopefully I don't grow side ways!

I love CKT.. my favourite!! but so far.. can't find my favourite here in Perth yet. :)

Kimberlee said...

Have you tried Cambridge food court CKT? Devine too!!!