Monday, September 27, 2010

Lunch @ Sun Kwong & Asian Kitchen, Whitford City Food Court

Finally I get to shop somewhere that I have never been before after 5 years in Perth. Joe and I have drove about 33km from home to Westfield Whitford City Shopping Mall. I was quite surprised that the shopping mall was big and nice! It's like in between Westfield Carousel Cannington and Garden City in Booragoon. It was quite a pleasant place to shop! I like it there! I would go there every week if it's nearby where I lived :P

The only thing that makes me wonder was there's not many people shopping on the Saturday afternoon.. I felt like it was a weekday while I was there.

After walking around and shopped for a bit, we went to have lunch at Sun Kwong and Asian Kitchen in Food Court.



I was looking at the menu and thinking what to have for my lunch.. there's quite a lot of things to choose from. There's Curry Laksa, Honey Chicken, Nasi Lemak, Nasi Goreng and more..

After a few minutes of thinking, we finally made our mind and ordered Nasi Lemak and Nasi Goreng. Both Malay dishes.



By just looking at it, we were thinking and asking ourselves.. where's the boiled egg and sambal? Somehow we don't feel complete without egg and sambal for a nasi lemak dish.. we thought.. oh well.. just try and see how it taste like!
To be honest, Nasi lemak was nice and tasty! Ikan bilis (anchovies) was nice and crunchy. It's abit of a chinese-fied Nasi Lemak though.. Anyway, Joe finished up the whole plate :)



As for my Nasi Goreng, when I got it, I saw beans sprout, fish cakes, veges, peas, chicken chunks.. I thought.. wait a minute.. this looks like Special Fried Rice to me! Isn't Nasi goreng a malay dish? Didn't think much after that, I just digged in and took a bite because I was bit hungry.

It tasted nice! Not in the Nasi Goreng way.. but the Fried Rice way.. :P I know they both meant the same but it's just different way of cooking. One is Malay style and another one is Chinese style. Fried Rice was yummy and it was actually too much for me! I couldn't finish it. Maybe my stomach is getting smaller! :D



Asian Kitchen sells their homemade chilli sauce too. I had some, and it taste quite awesome :)



Overall, the food at Sun Kwong and Asian Kitchen was good. The reason why I said that is because I have tried other food court's Asian food from the other shopping malls and they fail in so many levels. But Sun Kwong and Asian Kitchen are definitely the better ones. It's hard to find good Asian food in the shopping mall food court here in Perth.

Although it wasn't authentic, but they definitely cook some delicious food there. I shall try Curry Laksa next time because it looks quite yum :)

2 comments:

ka-seng said...

Thanks for the review :)

Jo Serwey said...

Not a problem ka seng :)