Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Pork Place, ioi boulevard, Malaysia.

Yes!!! Porky pork pork!! I love Pork Pork Pork!
I don't know since when I love Pork so much. Until recently, I found out whenever I go out for dinner, I will eventually eyed the Pork belly dishes. Oink Oink!



First day I arrived in KL, my family brought me to have Dim sum at Restoran Jin Xuan in Jalan Kenari 8, Bandar Puchong Jaya.



Tell you the truth, Dim sum there is so-so only, but the roasted pork and barbeque pork are impeccable! Juicy, Tender, crunchy, tasty and most importantly, NOT OILY! OMG, I didn't have such nice pork for ages! If you love pork like I do, you gotto go there.



I got side tracked a bit hehee.. yea.. after dim sum, drove passed this shop and I started yelling! "WOW PORK PLACE!" My family turned and looked at me like I'm from other planet. Ops!

Anyway, it catches my attention and lucky me, I have a chance to try out that place with a couple of friends who loves food too :)

The Pork Place is proud with their fresh Premium Pork. Their motto is "From our Farm to your Table". Very particular with the freshness, quality and healthiness of the pork & food. I was very honoured to have the Owner of the shop, Eddy, telling me about his farm in Mersing and how serious he is maintaining the quality of the pork.

Anyway, we had quite a bit of food that night and it was really enjoyable.



On the house. The cold dish, Sferken Marten.
Yes, it's German and
No, this is not the correct spelling.
I have no idea how to spell it but I really wanna remember the name of this dish because it's yummy! Pretty sure it sounds like this. Made by the German Chef in The Pork Place and it looks like a super huge sausage roll.



Grilled Porl Belly in Creamy peas sauce with Spaghetti.



Roast Pork Sandwich (This is good for someone who is health concious and love their food. Trust me, it's yum and healthy!)



Bacon and Cheese Burger
Home made pork patty served with fries and green salad.



Special of the day.
Pork Steak.
Gosh.. this is absolutely the winner. A nice good thick cut of the pork and char grilled to perfection. Love it!

They served Pork knuckles too on the weekend if I'm not mistaken. Didn't get to try it because I went there on the Friday. Oh well, there's always the next time.

The Pork Place
31, IOI Boulevard, Jalan Kenari 7, Bandar Puchong Jaya.
03 7729 4600

The first shop is called Sanbantou in Petaling Jaya.

3 comments:

Erik Lai said...

My family went there last Sat (19-3-11). We ordered the weekend special: crispy pork knuckle (large) @ RM69 and spare ribs @RM45.

The pork knuckle came jus 5 minutes after our order, even faster than our drinks!. We were surprised! When pork knuckle come that quickly, it can only mean one thing: leftover! True enough, the meat was lukewarm and the skin was not crispy at all. The meat was hard and tough, dry like tree bark. We complained to the captain and he said he will replace it. But all he did was sent back to the kitchen to reheat the skin. The skin was crispy but was also burnt! The meat was still lukewarm and tough like my old leather boots! Our jaws became tired after chewing!

Then came the spare ribs. Only slightly better than the knuckle. Quite tasteless. We had to ask for salt and pepper. The meat was equally tough and dried.

All in all, it was very disappointing. We ta-pau the pork knuckle home to feed our pet which also rejected it! This was the worst pork knuckle i had ever tasted (we didn't eat becos not edible)!

Don’t waste your money and time visiting this place. There are better dining places!

Vincent said...

Hi

I frequent pork place 5x, the food is always good. The place was always full when I am there.

Not sure why you had this experience.

V.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, how about trying some fusion salted duck egg with soft shall crab crystal noodles?

Do visit the ROCKFISH NOODLE BAR at IOI Boulevard, Puchong!

We’re Right NEXT DOOR to the PORK PLACE! ^_^

http://www.facebook.com/pages/ROCKFISH-Restaurant-Bar/152770504792731