Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Dinner @ Balmoral, Vic Park

This is the second time I've been to Balmoral pub in a year. The food there never disappoint me. The first time I've been there was for Christmas lunch. I've tried the turkey dish and it was so nice and tender. Totally loving it.



I went there few weeks ago on the monday night for dinner with Joe because we haven't tried the dinner menu before. Me, as usual had the Pork! and Joe had the Beef Burger.



Pork Belly.
Double roasted pork, dry rubbed with pepper berry, served with a scallop brochette on potato mash with blueberry and merlot reduction, topped with a light roquette, crispy proscuitto & red onion salad.

Pardon the messiness of this dish, because I requested to change the red onion salad to the normal rocket salad cuz I don't eat onion :P
I love this dish a lot. The pork was nicely charred and to go with the mash was perfect. The mash was a bit too salty, but I like it.



Wagyu beef burger
Wagyu burger served open on a toasted sundried tomato and onion toll topped with mixed leaves, grilled bacon, egg, cheese, redonion, sliced tomato, beetroot relish and aioli served with chips.

Joe said the burger was pretty good and extremely satisfying. Probably one of the better meals he had in a pub for a while.

If you get a chance, you should try it too! :D

Balmoral Hotel on Urbanspoon

No comments: