Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Happy 7th Year Anniversary!

Today Joe and I celebrated our 7th year anniversary!
Wow.. 7 years together!
Even when we talked about it.. we both goes "Woah! 7 years man...!"
People always says 7th year is the dangerous year, but to me, our love has become stronger every year and made us closer every time. I'm so lucky that I have him in my life, he gave me encouragements, gave me strength, supports me and most importantly he makes me happy. He taught me the meaning of life. I can go on and on about him and you would probably click the close window button! LOL.

We sort of celebrated our 7th year a week earlier at Restaurant Amuse for the dessert degustation that they hold for Eat Drink Perth event. Since it's such a "sweet" event, why not right? :)

The Restaurant Amuse's Dessert Degustation was absolutely awesome experience.
Firstly, I have never had so much dessert in my life for 1 night.
Secondly, it was such an honoured to be able to have Hadleigh Troy's dessert creations. I saw him that night too!

There were 11 courses in the degustation. Can you imagine having 11 types of dessert in 1 night? :P Freaking sugar high lol



I have Espresso Martini to start with. I totally love this cocktail! You've gotto try it!



Now first up, Caramel, white chocolate and wasabi.
Which is Caramel parfait in a white chocolate and wasabi shell.
This is like a bomb in your mouth. Cracked in your mouth and the smooth and creamy white chocolate oozes out and melt on your tongue.. woah.. orgasm man.. so damn good.



Chimay 2011
Chimay Blue 2011 sorbet, barley foam with a pretzel and salted cashews.
Less fancy on this.. it was nice until I had a quite hard to bite pretzel. :P



G & T
Gin and Tonic jelly with a drunken sponge encased in marshmallow, topped with lime zest.
Another favourite of mine. I totally love the marshmallow and the lemony taste of it.



Lychee, banana and finger lime.
Lychee as a mousse, a gel and freeze dried served with coconute pastry cream, banana puree and Gingin finger limes from Marvick Farm.
I love everything on this plate! I love lychee I love banana and I love the look of finger lime!
Honestly.. dried lychee.. what an awesome idea! I had dried durian before from Thailand, it was GOOD and dried lychee is equally awesome!



Mike Thompson (Galapagos, Mana Lucie, Snow White, Thai Pink Lady, Green Grape, Orange Cherry, Princep Borghese, Marmande, Pale purple & Black Plum) 10 different types of tomato made as a sorbet with verjuice and balsamic pebbles finished with Hessop.

10 different tomatoes used in this sorbet, can you imagine? it's totally insane!!! I will give this dish plenty of stars with ++++ on it because it's actually savoury but in dessert form! Balsamic pebbles! OMGOSH. it's like drinking Tomato soup but COLD and FANCY!



Bee Pollen and Crunchie
A blast back to 2008! Bee pollen milkshake with honeycome crunchie.
Love the old school bottles. Diggin it :D



Hay, Pollen and crunchie
Hay custard, fresh blueberries, blueberry syrup on cocoa and coffee crumbs with hay smoke.
I wish to have this again.. for some reason it's addictive! lol
There were smokes coming out of the jar when you open it, and you will smell smoke. It smells like cigarette smoke but nicer and smoother~ haha it tasted like smoke too! Quite cool.



Beetroot, pistachio and raspberry
Thirty second beetroot sponge, pistachio parfait, crushed mik biscuit and fresh raspberries.
To me, this dish is like palette cleanser. it was quite clean... if you know what I mean :P



Return of the 2007 Snickers
Chocolate and peanut butter mousse coated in caramel with a nougat ice cream.
It tasted like SNICKERS but BETTERRRR.



Apricot souffle served with a vanilla anglaise.
Just out from the oven! Fluffy, warm, smooth and yummmm



Last dish. Coffee Macaroon and bailey filled truffle.
So cute right?!! MINI Macaroon!

We were full from the dessert and on like sugar high that night! We talked nonstop like machine! But it was gooooooood.

As for the actually day of our 7 years, 4th of April, we decided to go back to where we first dated.
Fast Eddys.



We were Uni students back then and working part time at night. So Fast Eddys is probably one of the few restaurant thats opens midnight! I remember going to Fast Eddys during winter time at 1am in the morning.. it was FREEZING COLD!!! Got in and immediately order a pot of tea to warm ourselves, sometimes a breakfast meal to share and we will stayed till 3am in the morning then he sent me home after. <3

Anyway, before dinner, we went to the newly opened 140 william St Pigeonhole popup shop!
We thought it will be fun to pick something for each other in that shop as a small gift!



He got me an Eggling!(Check out their website) I can haz Petunia Flower popping out soon! I am bringing it to work to give my desk a lil colour~!



and I got Joe a mouse pad for his work! lol.. he wants one for a long time he said.. :P good choice! haha

It was a simple celebration but it brings back memories to when we were on our first date.
We were so thin back then....lol.

No comments: