Sunday, April 1, 2012

Homemade Picnic Hamper

This post will probably make you extremely hungry or makes you want to have a picnic now. If either one happen to you.. don't blame me :P

I was contacted by Yuka (shop owner of Zakka Box) one day and asked if I'm interested in doing a picnic hamper for her friend Aki. It's a birthday picnic for Aki's mom. I thought what an interesting project for me! I love picnics, I love food and I loveeeee packaging!!!

I said YES and I think I have done a wonderful job! (okay.. this is the first time I'm praising myself so let meeeeee praiseeeeeeeeee :P )



Tell you a secret.. After I packed up everything.. I was so happy with the outcome I wanted to keep it for myself! lol. It's just too beautiful to give~~~~~

Basically I've planned, researched, went shopping 3 days to get what I want for the picnic hamper. I think I did well in terms of I only had 5 days notice hahaha. Good thing Joe helped me. He gave me a lot of advice, ideas and helped me to prepare the food. <3

Aki provided me some details about what her mom doesn't eat. So I hope that she is okay with the food that I prepared for her.

You might want to know what's inside the picnic bag!
Here here! I'll show you.. have you got a bucket to collect your drool? :P~



For starters, Mango Avocado Prawns Salad.
Easy and delicious! Definitely creates an appetite!
This dish is probably the most problematic one. Why? Because I couldn't find the freaking mango anywhere in the supermarket! I went to Coles, woolworth and IGA but they sell none.
Joe and I ended up went all the way to Subi market to just get the mango. Thank god they have it! Phew!



Vietnamese Grilled Chicken in Lettuce Parcel.
I love this dish... it's packed full of flavour!!! Lemongrass & Coriander.. loving it!



Sticky Pumpkin with Sesame Seed and Smoked Salmon Avocado Salsa Tart



Mini Crab cakes with Lime and Chilli Mayo



Haloumi, Carrot, Spinach and Pesto Wrap



Spinach and Ricotta Slice

I honestly think that I made too much for them lol
Oh well~ They can have it for dinner maybe hahaha



As for dessert, I made Honey and Buttermilk Pudding. I label them with Grandma, Grandpa, Mom, Dad and ME just to put a little cuteness in it!



and lastly, a refreshing picnic drink. Apple Mint Iced Tea.



I can't believe they are all fit in a bag! I didn't want to give them plastic bag or box because it's more convenient this way.

Well, fingers crossed hope they liked the picnic hamper that I prepared for them!!! :D

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

Packaging:
Boxes & Dessert Jar from Vital Packaging
Polka Dot Paper Plates & Cups, Wooden Cutlery from Paper Fusion
Green MT Tapes from Zakka Box
Pink Gingham
from Spotlight
Food Labels designed by myself
Chive Flowers from my garden

11 comments:

Sophie Elle said...

This is absolutely adorable. I can't believe you made this all yourself, it's so lovely.

L said...

just too awesome i gotta tell the whole world about your wondrous work!
good job!! have a good rest!

Jo Serwey said...

Thanks Sophler! Lucky I have my assistant Joe with me! haha

L: Thanks Lillian!! how's Angove St Festival!? Wish I can be there!

Bryt said...

Beautiful job (as always!!) Those spoons attached to the jars? I love!

Jo Serwey said...

Thanks Bryt!! :D

Sarah B said...

All of this look beyond amazing , beautifully presented to the last little bit.. and yes i am now hungry and want to plan a picnic..lol but i wont blame you as i was pre warned..you should be proud of yourself for this work for sure.. praise away .x

Jo Serwey said...

hehe thanks Sarah! ;D

Anonymous said...

Absolutely,Loved your picnic hamper. It was beyond my imagination. Everything was so yummy and beautiful!!

Now, I love your photos too! You are so talented in many things.

Aki xx

Jo Serwey said...

I'm so glad that you and your family liked it! My effort is totally worth it! :D
Thanks Aki!

Kirstie Haynes said...

Wow! How beautiful and yummy it all looks. I loved the idea of the spoons attached to the jars. How clever to attach the little strips on the sides of the Spinach and Ricotta Slice, makes it a lot easier to lift out. I think you did a great job and should be very pleased. I'm sure Aki's Mum loved it. Beautifully presented :)

Jo Serwey said...

Thanks Kirstie!!
I got an email from Aki saying her mum loves it! :D
So Happy!!