Sunday, January 30, 2011

Chinese New Year Cookies - again.

I have finally packed and gave my cookies away for Chinese New Year!
This recipe was given by my sis's friend Dinesh and it was very very yum! (Especially came out from the oven)



D knows that I have totally failed my shortbread and butter cookies for the first and second time, so he gave me his favourite Buttery Shortbread recipe to try.

Indeed, it was delicious! It was light and fluffy and it melts in your mouth! drool~~
The only problem was the cookies were easily crumble. But as long as handle it with care, it should be fine.



These small ones are for my friends! I have gave them to my friends at our CNY reunion dinner at the restaurant! I gave some for my relatives here in Perth too!



And this, I'm bringing it back home, for my family :)

Recipe for D's Buttery Shortbread:

Ingredients:
100g cornflour
130g plain flour
250g butter
50g icing sugar - sifted
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Tiny pinch of salt

180'C-12-15minutes

Method:
1. sift both cornflour and plain flour together. Put aside
2. Cream butter, salt and icing sugar together until pale and fluffy.
3. Add in sifted flour, bit by bit. Mix well after each addition.
4. Finally add in vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
5. Put mixture into a piping bag or simply use a teaspoon to shape it into a small round shape. (It doesn't have to be perfectly shaped) The whole idea is to have a rustic look to the shortbread.

4 comments:

Swee San said...

Happy Chinese New Year !! :)

Jo Serwey said...

Ahh Swee San! Happy Chinese New Year to you too!!! XD Get lotsa Angpao ya!

fiery said...

make sure got one box for me tooooooo

Unknown said...

These Chinese New Year Cookies look so delicious. I just can’t wait to try these out. If I get success I would like to make those for my son’s birthday bash as well. We are planning to throw DIY garden party at the local garden themed party venues in Chicago.