Thursday, November 3, 2011

Dinner @ Kitchen Inn, Thornlie

I was on the bed on Sunday morning flicking through twitter and saw TFP tweeted about her breakfast at a new place call Kitchen Inn! Then I saw Bak Kut Teh is on the menu too!
As a typical Malaysian Food lover, Bak Kut Teh is like a must try dish and it's one of my favourite too! So there I went yesterday to try it!



Drove there straight after work with my boy and got there about 6pm. It was already nearly full house. We were lucky to get the last table for 2 as well.



It's quite a small restaurant but I guess that is how the kitchen keep up with the standard of their food. It was a busy busy place. Customer come in and go quite quickly as well and by 7pm, you will see a few people outide waiting for a table. This is how popular this place is eventhough they just opened recently.



Joe and I had Teh C. Hot for me and cold for him. 1 word - yummo. Taste is just right. Not too sweet and smooth.



That's right! I had Port Klang Bak Kut Teh for dinner! BKT comes in 2 sizes. I had the regular size BKT instead of Large. Honestly, the soup is to die for. It's full of flavour and creamy! You had a sip and that's it, you will continue sipping it til the bowl is clean and dry! Delicious! The only thing that would make it perfect is probably have the meat to boil longer so the meat would easily fall off from the bone. That would be the perfect. I'm not complaining but just thought maybe like this I will give it 100% in rating. haha at the moment, 95%. :P



Joe had the Fried homemade noodle (foo chow style). It tasted like Hokkien Mee to me. I quite like the sauce actually because I love hokkien mee. haha but the portion is probably too small for him. Not much noodles on a big plate :P and the dish look quite monotone.



I ordered Char Kuey Teow for take away because I'm a Char Kuey Teow lover as well. So I won't missed the chance of having it! I'm not too sure about this Char Kuey Teow because it has squid and pork slices in it. Well, when I order it, I said Char Kuey Teow but on the menu itself it says teow chew style I think? I don't quite remember.

But the taste is spot on though. CKT flavour and have that wok heat. I like the taste but not my kind of CKT. Maybe you should try it and let me know what you think! I know I'm pretty picky on CKT. (Thats because I used to have it nearly everyday when I was young haha)

Anyway, Kitchen Inn is definitely a good find! Try their famous Kampua Mee! It's their speciality! I will go there again to try other dishes!

Kitchen Inn Cafe
Shop 32, Thornlie Square Shopping Centre
Spencer Road, Thornlie WA 6108
Telephone: (08) 9452 7559

Opening hours:
Tuesday to Friday 10am to 2.30pm, 5pm to 9pm
Saturday and Sunday 10am to 2.30pm, 5pm to 9pm
Closed Mondays

Kitchen Inn Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments: