Sunday, November 27, 2011

Getting ready for Christmas!

Now who's in the mood for Christmas already?!!

Well, I AM! :D
This year, I managed to convince Joe to have a White Christmas theme this year! We bought some new white decorations and some red too actually to give the Christmas tree a colour :P
I was having too much fun looking for white decorations and it blew my budget! So I have to think of a way to make it nice. I haven't really make much DIY stuff yet but I just can't wait to put the tree up! So we'll wait and see... :P



I've made some white pompoms to go with it too!



and the 2 lil fat birds... my favourite of all decorations. They just look so lovey together! Got them from David Jones for less than 10 bucks! STEAL!



Oh, and I have made some cookies too!



Some clouds, some birds, trees, stars, and a lot more :)
Iced them with some pastel colour icing. It's my first attempt doing icing. Find it really difficult to iced the smaller cookies. But after a while, I got a hang of it. Will try making them again next time to perfect my icing-the-cookie technique!
Tips anyone? :)

9 comments:

L said...

so lovely Jo! love the decorations, the lovebirds are so cute up on the tree...and pom poms! yay!
Good job with the icing! i havent done piped icing for cookies..i used rolled out icing. hehe. Cheers to a Good week ahead!

Jo Serwey said...

Yeap L! My first pompoms!! hahaha Love it! I will make more probably :P
Thanks for the cloud cookie idea! it's fun! :D

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo
Lovely decorations!

On another note, I have a Scoopon for Rifo's cafe that expires on Sat 2 Dec, but I am going away and can't use it. If you, or anyone you knew would like it, I can email the pdf voucher to you.
(2 entrees, 2 mains, 2 ice creams, 2 coffees and a bottle of plonk)
Margaret

Jo Serwey said...

Hi Margaret! Thanks! I love the christmas deco too! haha.
By the way, as for the coupon, I won't be able to use it myself but my colleague is interested :) She will bring her son there for dinner with you voucher if you don't mind :)
Thanks for offering! :D You are so generous :D Would you mind to send it to my email? jo.myweyoflife@gmail.com
Thanks again Margaret!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo

It's winging its way to you now...

L said...

Good good! Yes make more Pom poms. :)

Jo Serwey said...

Thanks Margaret! She's really glad! :D

Jo Serwey said...

Yay Pom Pomsssssss!!!! Gonna POMMM the house!!! >:D *evil face haha

L said...

hahaha!!!! sweet!!!